Discover the Hutchinson adapted solution for
your Small Engine Cultivator with the Flexonic® belt benefits.
- Description of the application:Small Engine Cultivator (≤ 5 kW)
- Former type of transmission: Gear Drive
- Type of users: Private / Professional Lawn Care Companies
- Complaints: Noise level / Maintenance
Problems & Consequences
- Noise: High motor rotation at 3 000 rpm generates noise.
- Costs: Chains need regular grease and belt drive should be often replaced, which harms quality image and increases maintenance costs.
- Drive dimensions: Gear mounting precision does not allow large geometric variations in the design and strict alignments require a lot of space for the transmission chain, and costly supports (mounting plate, crankcase).
Solution & Benefits
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: PJ FLEXONIC®
- Silence: Flexonic® belt’s grooved profile and polyamide cable allow a noise reduction level (< 96 dBA) and an ease of use.
- Saving: The mounting on fixed center distance is simple. Thanks to constant tension, maintenance costs are low.
- Compact drive: Smaller diameter pulleys and easiest location of pulley shafts (fixed center adjustment at normal setting) allow more compact crankcase and serpentine belt drive path with rotation reversal on three axles.